Saturday, May 25, 2024

My Grandma


My Grandma
by Lord R.e. Taylor

I remember my grandma’s house
Spending so many hours with her
She always had that one special chair
No one but her was allowed to use
She always told stories of life in the old world
And I would listen to every word
Trying to imagine what she went through
I would always bring her her favourite foods
None of which was allowed
Her favourite though was her veal breast
Cooked in her kitchen from the 1940s
But that was my grandma’s life
She kept the best from her past
And I was happy to have seen it all
At least for a while

© Poem – XXV/V/MMXXIV
LRET


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

After I Am Gone

After I Am Gone by Lord R.e. Taylor After I am gone I want no tears Just laughter Some Jack Daniels But not a single tear Understand! © Poem...