Sunday, December 2, 2012

The Blue Flame




The Blue Flame

Laying alone in my bed
My past has become a blur
My future is still unknown
Memories are becoming fantasies
Fantasies are dying as they pass
I see myself burning in the bitter cold
A blue flame enveloping my body
Heat and cold in an unnatural blending
Yet the pain does not cause me discomfort
Instead a pleasant feeling encircles me
I do not understand what the flames are
I don't know who to thank
I will never know who to blame
I awake in the glow of the morning sun
All of my memories are gone
Shoved into a dark corner of my mind
Lost to decades of time
The flames shield me from a painful past
Hiding me from my lost loves
From the mistakes I made as a youth
They hide the things I may have said in haste
From the hatred I showed my fellow man
The flames burn as my protection
Protecting me from me
Allowing me to look to an unknown future
Without the painful images of my past

No comments:

Post a Comment

After I Am Gone

After I Am Gone by Lord R.e. Taylor After I am gone I want no tears Just laughter Some Jack Daniels But not a single tear Understand! © Poem...