Thursday, December 20, 2012

The End of Life



The End of Life

I have only a few minutes left
The end of the world is coming fast
Just ninety minutes
So little time to do what I wanted
Not enough to love a beautiful woman
Not enough to sing a song of peace
Not enough to have a really great meal
Not enough to be smarter than a fifth grader
Maybe not enough to drink enough to forget
It will be enough to confess my sins
To make make amends to any spirit I have offended
I will have enough time to look at the sky
To take the time to look at the stars so far away
So many planets
So many stars
So much life
Why are we the chosen ones
Given a warning of when we are going to die
Doesn't anyone else have a 12/21/12
It just ain't fair!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inhumane Humans

Inhumane Humans by Lord R.e. Taylor You think we are all dumb animals That could not be less true We know what is going on with you We watch...